The Annual Year 2017-2018 AF Developmental Education Board (RDEDB) will convene on 17-21 October 2016 at ARPC, Buckley AFB, CO. The deadline to apply is September 12, 2016, however applications must be coordinated through unit/group/wing, MPS, NAF, and MAJCOM or RIO Detachment, so the deadline for applicants is much earlier depending on their unit.
Requirements to Apply to The Air Force Developmental Education Board
- You must have a current and passing Fitness Assessment
- Your participation must be satisfactory over the last 5 years.
- Your Mandatory Separation Date (MSD) must comply with the course end date plus 48 months. If your MSD is prior to July 2022 then you must apply for a waiver.
- Reserve Service Commitment – All AFR members who attend IDE, SDE, or ASG courses in-residence will incur a three year commitment upon completion.
- No disqualifying factors like UIFs, not meeting prerequisites for a course, and incomplete/improperly coordinated applications
- Twice deferred officers for promotion are not eligible and waivers will not be accepted
- Air National Guard members may not apply for RDEDB
How Do I Apply For The Air Force Developmental Education Board?
To apply to the RDEDB follow these steps:
- Go to MyPers website
- On the picture carousel there is a link to the memorandum on how to apply. Or see this document: AY_17-18_RDEDB_Invitation_to_Apply_Change_1.
- You must complete the nomination package via vPC
- Click on Action Requests tab
- Then click on Air Reserve
- Click on the RDEDB application link
- Complete personal information
- Select your desired course
- Attach all documentation required including:
- Fitness Assessment report
- Waiver letters
- College transcripts
- GRE/GMAT scores
- AF formatted Biography
- Complete justification box
- Complete intials and signature box
- Complete senior rater box
- Select your rater
- Click submit